ALBERT LEA FAMILY Y MISSION STATEMENT
The Albert Lea Family Y is part of a worldwide fellowship united for the purpose of building a Christian society and developing in people those qualities of Christian personality exemplified in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- To promote total human health, spirit, mind, and body.
- To focus on physical well being, youth development and interpersonal relations.
- To significantly influence the quality of life for all persons—all religions, races, ages, needs.
- To serve as a common meeting ground of the Albert Lea Community.
- To maintain an organization of employees and volunteers who are at all times respected, accessible, involved and committed.
UNITED WAY AGENCY & SCHOLARSHIPS
The Family Y is one of sixteen social service agencies supported by the United Way. In 2009 the Family Y gave over 530 scholarships so persons in need could send children to camp and participate in over a dozen youth programs.
The Family Y will not turn anyone away for inability to pay for a program. Sliding fees available.