- Membership cards MUST be scanned at the front desk for:
- Safety reasons.
- Building control, we do not want non-members sneaking into the building.
- Usage statistics for our records.
- Food is restricted to the vending/pool observation room or the front meeting room. Only water in a shatter resistant container is allowed in other areas. Members are responsible for cleaning up spills.
- It is expected that all individuals comply with the Family YMCA Code of Conduct.
- All accidents should be reported and documented to YMCA Staff. The YMCA recommends that you carry your own health insurance.
- In the event of a fire alarm please evacuate the building immediately.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is recommended that you rent an annual locker or bring a padlock. Padlocks left unauthorized (or overnight) will be removed and contents will be removed and held for up to one week before being disposed of. Daily use lockers are available.
- Shirt and non-marking shoes are required in the facility.
- For your child’s safety, all children under the age of 8 must be supervised by a parent or guardian while in the facility unless they are utilizing a YMCA service that is supervised by staff.
- In consideration of the health and comfort of your fellow members, the YMCA is a smoke free environment.
- No refunds will be given on memberships. To cancel you must stop by the office, bring in your “Y” card and sign off on our office file card.
- Adult locker rooms are for persons 18 years old and graduated from high school, college and adult members only.
SWIMMING POOL RULES
- A soap shower, including the hair is required before entering the pool.
- Swim suits must be worn in the pool or on the deck. No cut-offs.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers which are available at the Front Desk.
- Street shoes may not be worn in the pool area.
- No food, drink (other than water), gum, etc. allowed in the pool area. Water must be in a shatter resistant container.
- Band-aids must be removed before entering the pool.
- No spitting in the pool. No clearing of your nose in the pool.
- No running in the pool area.
- No dunking or excessive horseplay.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- Flips off the edge will not be permitted.
- Diving only allowed during instructional swim or swim team times. The starting blocks are used only for instructional swimming or swim team.
- Kickboards and other designated equipment will be for open use. Other equipment may be used at the guard’s discretion.
- Aqua joggers and float weights are for instructional swimming only, unless previously approved by Aquatics Director. Individuals requiring the use of floatation devices may use the belts or PFD’s and should be accompanied by a responsible person at all times.
- Children under age 8 must have a responsible person in pool with them.
- No full-court games during open gym times.
- Non-marking shoes only.
- 18 and older during “Adult Times.”
The Albert Lea Family YMCA reserves the right to cancel programs due to low enrollment. Full refunds are given when this occurs. Persons withdrawing registrations must give 72 hours notice before the program starts to receive a full refund. No refunds are made after the 72-hours prior to the start of an activity unless due to medical or unavoidable circumstances.